Sunday, April 15, 2012

Love Yourself Sundays

Everyone has "lazy Sunday," but I have decided that I am going to start making Sundays all about making myself feel superfantasticallyamazingly awesome.

So here are my suggestions to do the same: 

1. Throw that Easter candy OUT! (If there's any left...)
By now I've had a week to graze over the two Easter baskets my parents gave me. (Yes, I am a fully independent, college grad with a bachelor's degree and my parents still give me easter baskets.)  I mean by now I have demolished most of the candy. But I woke up this morning and decided that there are three big ole reasons to get rid of these little stinkers: (1) Motherloads of unnecessary, sticky, sugary calories. (2) Cavities. (3) I don't even really like most of it! Which comes to suggestion number two...

2. Go to the grocery store and stock up on good wholesome foods.
As a busy twenty-something, I know that between work, family, and trying to have a social life it is SO easy to grab those processed, sodium filled frozen TV dinners for most of your meals. Even grabbing the "healthy choices" in the freezer aisle has left me feeling bloated and unsatisfied. My five favorite items to grab: (1) grapes, (2) asparagus, (3) soy milk (I love Vanilla Low Fat Silk), (4) hummus, (5) lean turkey meat. Mmmmm TASTY!

3. Give myself a beautiful manicure and pedicure.

After a long, stressful week I have undoubtedly picked off all of my fingernail polish and ruined my toes. So I broke out a big bowl, filled it with hot water and a little bit of bath salts, soaked my little feet, and gave myself a makeshift pedi. This was the finished product. Here's the secret to cheetah nails. It's so simple. Paint your nails one solid color. Make polka dots with a complementary color, and let both colors dry fully. Then use a fine tipped permanent marker (or a nail art pen if you have one) to outline the polka dots like cheetah spots. Pull up a picture of a cheetah if you need inspiration. Finish with a clear top coat and you're good to go!

I'm starting to really like these "Love Myself Sundays." Until next time,





No comments:

Post a Comment